Sunday, January 1, 2012

My boo face

Happy New Year!! I'm not a huge fan of new years resolutions, so I'm just going to take this time to reflect on the previous year and concentrate on the things I want to change. I woke up this morning and took my vitamins (which I have NOT been doing) and ate a healthy breakfast of one egg and some grapes. I had the traditional black eyed peas and collard greens for lunch, then beef stew for dinner. For my snacks I had a protein bar and a piece of celery and peanut butter. I have to keep the protein up, so if any of you have any suggestions or recipes that are high in protein, by all means share :)


My co workers have really been noticing my weight loss this past week. That's good - that means I haven't gained too much from all the Christmas goodies. I did have a glass of champagne for the count down last night. One champagne flute of pink bubbly made me all red in the face and pretty close to drunk. It was my first taste of alcohol since my surgery. My surgeon recommends not drinking at all after a wls. This is due to your lower tolerance and a lot of wls patients become addicted to alcohol after having the surgery. I'm not very worried about that - but I do have to watch it with the carbonation. Carbonation can stretch your new stomach. I'll have to find a good mixed drink to sip on for other special occasions. However, I don't think I'll be drinking until the drunk stage very often, if at all. I prefer to have my witts about me.


I feel much better and can feel myself just relaxing and feeling a lot more comfortable in my own skin. I wasn't aware I was at all uncomfortable in my skin, but just like a frog doesn't know it's being boiled ... OK, no that doesn't work. But I guess you get what I am trying to say. Something about frogs and weight loss. I feel more beautiful. Now, I am not in any way saying that I'm more beautiful because I am smaller. I feel more beautiful because I feel like I am accomplishing something that I set out to do. I've never really done that before. I've always had the best intentions to do something or make some change but I lack follow-through. This is why I think the weight loss surgery was the best option for me. I am not really "allowed" to not follow through.


I am beginning to feel some strange feelings/emotions. I feel like there is a part of me that is fighting tooth and nail to keep on this outer layer of protection. I am working slowly to truly realize my ability to protect myself has less to do with my threatening frame and more to do with my attitude. Being kind, compassionate, and loving at times counteracts my "I don't take shit" persona I want to reflect. Maybe all these tattoos will scare off the bullies - GRR!! I can only hope they don't stop to read "Love is all you need" and the pretty butterflies that adorn my body. Maybe I can get a huge skull and crossbones tat'd on my face. Yea?

No comments:

Post a Comment